VPS stands for Virtual Private Server, and it refers to a hosting environment which replicates the features and characteristics of a dedicated server. The VPS hosting environment is shared with other users, but each user receives a separate portion of the environment. This allows businesses and individuals to host files on the internet, without having to make a large investment in server equipment. Websites of all sizes can be hosted on a VPS server with no performance problems.
VPS options at HostAfrica
We have several options to choose from here at HostAfrica. You can go with our VPS SSD S for R89/month, if you’re looking to host a small website. This option offers 10 GB real SSD, 512 MB RAM, 1 CPU vCore, Linux System, Virtuozzo Container, and 1 static IP. It is based in South Africa, and it comes with unlimited traffic and a monthly contract. On the other end of the spectrum, we have the VPS SSD XXL+++, which costs R2399/month, and it comes with 500 GB real SSD, 32GB RAM, 8 CPU vCore, on top of all the other features available for our previously mentioned option. We have 8 options in total, ranging between the two presented above, in terms of price and performance. Businesses and individuals can host websites of any complexity using our services.
Features and Benefits
When using our VPS services, you can expect:
- Traffic included in the price. We do not have any hidden costs.
- Root Access. You will have full root access to the servers so that you can deploy all the services you need.
- Our servers use SSDs only, which are 20 times faster than normal SATA drives.
- Several IPs. Our services include one static IPv4 in the pricing, but you can always order extra as your business continues to grow.
- Reliable hosting. Your website will be in good hands. Our hosting service features 99.9% uptime.
- You will always be able to upgrade or downgrade your hosting plan at will.
- All data on our servers is backed up on a weekly basis.